The Pine City Heritage Players will host auditions for Into the Woods on Monday, May 20 and Tuesday, May 21 from 6:30 – 9:00pm at the Pine City High School (1400 Main St S, Pine City) in the high school choir room. Those interested in auditioning should enter through the main doors and check-in at the auditorium lobby.
One of Sondheim’s most popular works, Into the Woods is a musically sophisticated show in which James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim take everyone’s favorite storybook characters and bring them together for a timeless, yet relevant, piece… and a rare modern classic. The Tony Award-winning book and score are both enchanting and touching.
The story follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s Festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.
“Into the Woods will continue the tradition in Pine City of quality theater entertainment,” says Director Jay Schueller, “the fairy tale stories will be familiar to many with a twist of dark comedy that makes them popular with today’s audiences. We are looking forward to what will be a challenging, yet fun, summer of collaboration.”
Auditions will be held as an open call for actors across the region ages 16+ for this production. The musical will perform July 18 – 21, 2019. Any questions (not answered below) regarding auditions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to prepare for your audition:
- Download a copy of the Audition Form and bring a completed form with you to your audition. We will have copies available when you check-in for auditions.
- As part of your audition form, please bring with you a list of any school, work, church, vacation or other commitments that you may have for the summer.
- Please come prepared to sing a song that will showcase your vocal range, skills & talents. We will have a piano accompanist on site to play music that you bring with you, or can provide speakers if you bring music on a digital device.
- Based on your character selection, you may be asked to sing an additional song directly from the production. (Once scripts arrive, we will update this page with links to music for your review).
What else do I need to know?
- We are currently planning for rehearsals to be held on Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday evenings. If you have a conflict with more than 2 rehearsal dates as identified on the audition form, please discuss your conflicts in detail prior to auditioning for the show.
- As we are a community theater, we rely heavily on volunteers to help with set construction, box office volunteers, providing food for work days, etc. We encourage cast members and family members to take part in our Team Building + Set Building days! More details on that schedule will be provided in June.
- All cast members will be given assignments during the strike of the show after the close of the matinee on Sunday. With dedicated volunteers…. we are often done by 6:30 or 7:00 PM and can enjoy a potluck cast & crew party before we part ways!