Auditions for the summer production of “Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” are scheduled for Monday, May 16th or Wednesday, May 18th. Auditions will take place in the Pine City High School Choir Classroom. We ask that you use the Main Entrance when arriving and our greeters will help you find the right room if you’ve never been here before. There are several activities happening in the building those nights, so look for a friendly face and join us!
We are seeking adults and students (current 6th grade students and older) to audition for this year’s show.
In order to use our time effectively, we are asking all those interested in auditioning to sign-up for a one-hour time slot. You can do so using this form – Audition Sign Up!
You’ll be asked to complete an Audition Form with details about your interests, talents, past show experience, and rehearsal conflicts. You can download a copy of the form and complete ahead of time to bring with you, or come a few minutes early and complete the form before your audition begins. If you have a headshot that you can attach to the form, feel free to bring that with you. Otherwise, our volunteers will take a headshot to use for casting purposes. Download the form here!
What to prepare?
- Please come prepared to sing a song that will showcase your vocal range, skills & talents. We will have a piano accompanist on site to play music that you bring with you, or can provide speakers if you bring music on a digital device.
- Based on your character selection, you may be asked to sing an additional song directly from the production.
What else do I need to know?
- We are currently planning for rehearsals to be held on Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday evenings. If you have a conflict with more than 2 rehearsal dates as identified on the audition form, please discuss your conflicts in detail prior to auditioning for the show.
- As we are a community theater, we rely heavily on volunteers to help with set construction, box office volunteers, providing food for work days, etc. We encourage cast members and family members to take part in our Team Building + Set Building days! More details on that schedule will be provided in June.
- All cast members will be given assignments during the strike of the show after the close of the matinee on Sunday. With dedicated volunteers…. we are often done by 6:30 or 7:00 PM and can enjoy a potluck cast & crew party before we part ways!